Classroom HSA – Health and Safety Awareness
£162.00 Inc VAT
Important Note: Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, there are limited conventional courses dates programmed during the immediate future delivery of this course. However, remote delivery of the CITB Health and Safety Awareness course is now possible under CITB’s Emergency Training Provision Scheme Rules ”, Click to here to link to the CITB Health and Safety Awareness Online Training Course Page.
CITB – Health and Safety Awareness Training
This one-day introductory CITB training course is aimed at operatives and newcomers to the construction industry. It is an ideal foundation course for those wishing to obtain an industry accreditation certificate. It also forms part of the Site Safety Plus range of CITB courses.
Having successfully completed the Health and Safety Awareness Training course, a natural progression would be to the two-day CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Course.
CITB Course Detail
This CITB course has been designed to help operatives and newcomers working in the construction industry to understand the potential hazards that they face on a construction site. It provides a practical summary of health, safety, welfare, and environmental issues, identifying the delegate’s responsibility for looking after themselves and others.
This course also outlines the employer’s duties and explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone else’s health and safety is being put at risk.
This CITB course includes the following elements:
- What is expected of site operatives and how they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
- An understanding of the need to prevent accidents, and the importance of reporting accidents and unsafe acts.
- A basic understanding of health and safety law.
- Understanding the need for risk assessments and method statements.
- Identify how their role fits into the safety management on the site.
- An appreciation of the need to work safely and to stop and ask for advice if unsure.
- An understanding of health & welfare, manual handling, working at height, PPE, fire prevention and control, emergency procedures & first aid, electrical safety on site, hazardous substances, hand-held equipment and tools, noise and vibration, excavations and confined spaces, and site transport safety on site.
- Delegates will be assessed using a multiple-choice question format at the end of the course.
Delivery is available throughout the UK, either as open courses or as dedicated courses on customers’ own sites.
Please check the Dates section for open courses in the CITB Health and Safety Awareness Training category, or for more general help or further information please send an enquiry to [email protected]
You may also like…
£180.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date
£216.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date
£144.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date
£300.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date