Classroom SMSTS-R – Site Managers Safety Training Scheme Refresher
£342.00 Inc VAT
Important Note: Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, there are limited conventional courses dates programmed during the immediate future for this course. However, remote delivery of the CITB SMSTS Refresher course is now possible under CITB’s “Emergency Training Provision Scheme Rules”, Click to here to link to the CITB SMSTS Refresher Online Training Course page.
CITB (SMSTS) – Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher Courses
The SMSTS Refresher course is a 2-day site management training course for delegates who have previously passed the full 5-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) CITB course. Candidates must be able to provide proof of attendance to the full SMSTS course to be eligible for the two-day SMSTS Refresher course. Successful delegates will receive a CITB SMSTS certificate which will be valid for 5 years. The full 5-day SMSTS training course is a CITB course specifically aimed at site managers and others with managerial responsibilities in the construction sector; the SMSTS Refresher course is aimed at the same audience and have previously completed the full SMSTS course.
Please note that candidate’s current SMSTS OR SMSTS Refresher certificate must not have expired; if this is the case, the candidate will need to re-take the full five-day SMSTS course.
CITB Course Detail
This CITB SMSTS Refresher course aims to bring the candidate’s health and safety knowledge up to date in line with current legislature, as well as covering any changes to legislation and their impact on the workplace thoroughly.
This CITB course includes the following elements:
- Recent changes to legislation surrounding construction, health and safety, welfare, and environmental issues.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act, CDM, new regulations and regulations updates within the construction industry.
- Latest HSE Guidance, ACoP updates and HSE initiatives, which impact on site safety and best practices.
- An overview of proposed or impending legislation.
- Latest accident statistics, costs of accidents, causes, and management responsibilities and methods of prevention.
- Methods for motivating the workforce towards safety behaviours, toolbox talks and site inductions.
- Full attendance is mandatory, and candidates will be continually assessed during the course and be required to participate in syndicate exercises during the course. There is a multiple-choice assessment at the end of the course.
Successful candidates will receive the CITB SMSTS certificate, which is issued on completion and is valid for 5 years.
SMSTS Refresher courses are delivered nationwide, either as open public courses or as dedicated courses on customers’ own sites.
You may also like…
£426.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date
£144.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date
£300.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date
£180.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date