Classroom SMSTS – Site Managers Safety Training Scheme
£480.00 Inc VAT
Important Note: Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, there are limited conventional courses dates programmed during the immediate future for this course. However, remote delivery of the CITB SMSTS course is now possible under CITB’s “Emergency Training Provision Scheme Rules”, Click to here to link to the CITB SMSTS Online Training Course page. The SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) training course is one of the courses on offer from the CITB Site Safety Plus Scheme and is the most popular site management training course for site managers within the construction industry.
CITB (SMSTS) – Site Management Safety Training Scheme Courses
SMSTS training takes place over a 5-day period. It has been designed for construction site managers, site agents, quantity surveyors, construction directors, project directors, and persons responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling, and administering a construction workforce. Also known informally as the ‘Site Managers Safety Training Scheme’, this course will assist managers and potential managers to develop their knowledge, awareness and understanding of legal, moral, and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety, and welfare.
Successful candidates will receive the CITB SMSTS certificate, which is issued on completion. This is valid for 5 years. Please note that there is no physical ‘SMSTS Card’, however, you can list your SMSTS certificate qualification when applying for a CSCS card. If you have already passed the 5-day
CITB SMSTS course and need to renew your CITB SMSTS certificate, you will be eligible for the 2-Day SMSTS Refresher, providing your certificate is still in date and valid. The Refresher course is designed to bring health and safety knowledge up to date and includes an overview of the legislative changes relating to site management and their impact on site safety in the workplace.
CITB Course Detail
Site management training is an essential component of safety on construction sites; the SMSTS course will help managers to organise, monitor and measure health and safety performance on site, whilst maintaining site safety training, systems, and safe methods of work.
This CITB course includes the following elements:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act and other regulations relevant to the management of site safety within the Construction Industry
- Site set up, CDM (Construction Design Management Regulations), risk assessments and method statements
- Scaffolding, working at height, electricity, excavations, demolitions, and confined spaces
- Accidents and the associated legislative requirements (RIDDOR)
- The need for site management training, control measures and adequate communication to maintain a good health and safety culture within the workplace
- Full attendance is essential, and candidates will be continually assessed during the course and will be required to complete assignments. There is a multiple-choice assessment at the end of the course.
SMSTS courses are delivered nationwide either as block courses or on a day release basis. Please check the Dates required or for more general help or further information please send an enquiry to [email protected].
You may also like…
£216.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date
£300.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date
£426.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date
£144.00 Inc VAT Request A Course Date